Pages

Monday 30 March 2020

Synchronised swimming

Kia Ora, today I'm going to write about my favourite sport, synchronised swimming (synchro). FINA changed the name to artistic swimming in 2017, most people still like to call it synchronised swimming.
Synchro is known as gymnastics and ballet in the water. The rules have changed by letting boys join as it used to be a girls only sport. It looks like a very pretty sport but it is a really difficult Olympic sport, watch out for it at Tokyo this year if the games go ahead!!!! Why is this my favourite sport?



I'm a synchro swimmer and have competed at the Nationals competition in Auckland and the South Islands in Invercargill, where my team won a silver medal.


1 comment:

  1. Wow Arielle - I had no idea that this was the sport you were involved in. Thanks for sharing this as your first post in the Blog Hop and thanks for the photos. I have always been interested in this sport - I think it looks very hard and I always wonder how you hold your breath for so long!

    Is that a thing? Do you have to hold your breath? How long are your practices?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post