Pages

Friday 26 March 2021

Wrting & Reading W8

 Hello, this week for reading and writing we did the learning last week and this week a create.

For writing we were relating our turangawaewae ( Means a place to stand)  so it had to be Christchurch.

I chooses the new church because that's my second place that I feel like I belong.


Here's my new's paper Artical.


The New church in Christchurch city.
The New Cathloic church in the city. 

Photo by a priest & google.
After the earthquake that struck in 2011 the Catholicos sadly lost the church in the city. Finally when Bishop Paul came to be the new Bishop of Christchurch, he had some plans up his sleeve by making the Catholics a new church in the city and making parishes move into other parishes. We finally get a new church after the disappointment on everyone else's faces.  It will hopefully be built soon. We’re in a tricky situation we have to wait until all the seagulls move out of the place they are hoping to put it in. People recan that they would never move, but I guess the catholics will just have to be patient and hopeful with their faith.
Here are a couple of people's opinions. 
Lily Mclaughlin.
Practicing Cathloic.
She thinks that they might move but it’s their home since over the past years.
She likes to go to church, also they try to go every sunday to mass. She has made most of the sacraments. She thinks people would go to church in the city more than people go to church now.



Tu Tran
Practicing Cathoilc.


She thinks the church will be built  in about  5 years. They have one more church to go to than the St Mary’s. It depends on how long it builds and if we move.
  Thank you for your opinions. Hopefully the Cathloic church will be built soon and hopefully the seagulls move out of the area. Also it will  hopefully be good for people who need to pray in their life.
By Arielle Russell.



This week for Reading we did a place that we think our city will need. I chooses a competition swimming pool because I love to swim an I think we need it.


Here is the design I made:




Link to plan

 

What do you think we need in the community?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post