Pages

Friday 1 May 2020

PBL on Reginald Delargey

Hi this is who I chose for PBL, I hope you enjoy my blog.




Reginald Delargey

The founder of Caritas in NZ.


Who is he?

He’s a bishop that founded Caritas
and started making New Zealand be a part of Caritas.


Who is Caritas?

Caritas is a charity that helps people that need help all over the world. They try to encourage us to help the people and make a difference in the world. Caritas love to be kind and work in unity together as one. Like Caritas says, the most important thing in the the world is He Tangata, He Tangata, He Tangata (it is the people, the people, the people).



Early life
He was born in Timaru on the 10th December 1914, one of 6 children. As a child he moved around a lot with his family and then went to boarding school at Sacred Heart college in Auckland.



Priesthood

Reginald became a priest on the 19th March 1938. He was appointed Bishop of Auckland on 18th September 1970, and then became Archbishop of Wellington on 25th April 1974. On 24th May 1976, he was created Cardinal priest Pope Paul VI.


He died?

He died on the 29th January 1979 (age 64) in Auckland.


Why did I choose him?

I chose him because he is a good influence for me, he founded Caritas in NZ and I love helping people in charity.


Interesting facts.


In 1969 Bishop Reginald Delargey established Caritas NZ.


2019 marks 50 years since the Catholic Bishop established the charity.


He was a director of the Catholic Youth Group.


He was ordained in Rome.









No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post